Cloud services that support IBM i can make life easier for users of this purpose-built platform. Cloud-based infrastructure is managed by the host, which not only eliminates the burden of hardware architecture but also allows a business to switch to an operating expense for IT infrastructure. Shifting to the cloud also makes it easier to scale; with host-managed virtual infrastructure, simply ask and you shall receive.
Depending on the host, the benefits of cloud computing can go even deeper than infrastructure. Developer time is valuable, so why spend it on tedious OS management duties and backup windows that interrupt workflow? Some cloud providers can manage these tasks with Platform as a Service (PaaS). PaaS solutions vary in scope from simple OS management to full backup options and business continuity services.
There are plenty of signs that indicate it’s time to switch to the cloud. Consider the following:
- You have an aging workforce or recently lost a critical resource
- You would like to focus on business-critical workloads
- You have a pending application or hardware upgrade
- You would like to eliminate backup windows
- You need to protect your data with business continuity
- You want to change the way your hardware is managed
- You have a short term testing or development need
- You need to shift a legacy environment to archive
- You want to perform an OS upgrade test
- You would like a performance assessment
If any of the above points sound familiar, it’s time to consult with the experts at Abacus Solutions. As an IBM i Premier Managed Services Provider, Abacus Solutions offers an expertise with IBM i that cannot be found anywhere else in the industry. From legacy to current, our experts have extensive experience with IBM hardware and software, and our infrastructure is optimized for IBM software environments.