Businesses that use IBM i can benefit from hosting services through cloud computing in a tremendous way. Shifting to the cloud can reduce – if not totally eliminate – the need for infrastructure acquisition and maintenance, which means less capital expenditure. Opting for IBM i management can help to streamline the workflow of an IT or development department, allowing members to focus on more business-critical tasks. Some cloud providers also offer backup and disaster recovery services, which allow businesses to feel fully confident that their data is safe and secure.
IBM i hosting could likely benefit your business if:
- You have an aging workforce or have lost a critical resource
- You need infrastructure that can scale quickly and easily
- You want to shift to business-critical workloads
- You have a pending application or hardware upgrade
- You need to eliminate invasive backup windows
- You need business continuity
- You would like to delegate aspects of hardware operations and management
- You need to move a legacy environment to archive
- You have a short-term testing or development need
- You would like to perform an OS upgrade test
If any of the above statements sound familiar to you, consider consulting with Abacus Solutions, a cloud provider that is focused on the IBM i platform. We offer such services as general hosting, IBM i management, backups, and disaster recovery. We are classified as an IBM i Managed Services Provider, so you can trust that we have the knowledge and experience needed to work with this unique platform.