The AS/400 cloud is made up of several different programs that can help any business using the IBM i platform grow. Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is one such track. This service allows a business to acquire cloud-based hardware as it is needed, making scaling easier and more cost effective. Cloud-based hardware is also managed by the host, so enrolling in an IaaS program can reduce or eliminate the amount of time that your IT department spends infrastructure-related tasks. Platform as a Service (PaaS) is the convergence of IaaS and OS management, which can help to streamline the workflow of your IT department even more.
You would likely benefit from a switch to the AS/400 cloud if:
- You have an aging workforce or have lost a critical resource
- You need infrastructure that can scale quickly and easily
- You want to shift to business-critical workloads
- You have a pending application or hardware upgrade
- You need to eliminate invasive backup windows
- You need business continuity
- You would like to delegate aspects of hardware operations and management
- You need to move a legacy environment to archive
- You have a short-term testing or development need
- You would like to perform an OS upgrade test
Abacus Solutions is an AS/400 cloud provider with two cutting-edge, highly reliable datacenters. As an IBM i Managed Services Provider, we offer experience with this unique platform that is matched by few in the industry. If you have an AS/400 cloud hosting need, we can help you find the right solution.